With its biggest stand yet, an extensive CET programme, and a keynote speech from co-founder Doug Perkins, Specsavers is inviting optometrists everywhere to be part of transforming eye health this year at 100% Optical.
Specsavers’ recruitment team will be well represented on the stand and available to talk about the opportunity for ambitious professionals to join Specsavers, whether as an enhanced optical service specialist, an optometrist or DO, in store or in domiciliary, and with the chance to progress to become a joint venture partner.
The group’s world-class CET programme - normally only open to Specsavers partners and colleagues – can also be experienced on the stand. With peer discussions, lectures, discussion workshops and quizzes, up to nine interactive CET points are available each day. Highlights include:
• A peer discussion workshop from Consultant Optometrist Chris Steele on ‘Close encounters of the glaucoma kind’
• A lecture from Rachel Thomas, Lead Optometrist at Moorfields, Bedford, on ‘The pre-operative cataract assessment and referral’
• Lectures on ‘Modern eye care delivery’ and ‘Forgotten red eye’ from Paul Morris, Specsavers Director of Optometry Advancement
• Peer discussion on ‘Red eye cases’ led by Kiki Soteri, Head of Enhanced Optical Services
• A lecture on ‘Assessment and management challenges for kerataconic patients’ by Satvinder Singh Soomal, Head of Enhanced Optical Services
Find out more and book your seminar here.
The changing face of high street optometry – one year on
A fair amount has happened since Specsavers co-founder Doug Perkins spoke at 100% Optical in 2016 on the changing face of high street optometry and the disruptive change facing the optical profession.
He will return to the main stage in 2017 with his thoughts on the NHS pressures, technical innovations and medical advances that are continuing to drive the need for change.
Doug will review the progress that has been made for optometry, and look at what needs to happen next, with a focus on the importance of clinical advancement and experience, closing the gap with the medical profession and developments in optometry education.
Book your place at the keynote lecture here.
- < Previous story OPTOFLOW – Bringing together effortless and technology
- Next story OptiCommerce Back with a Flexible New Digital Platform >