Bausch + Lomb, ocular specialists in eye care for over 160 years are excited to be supporting 100% Optical. Visit our stand to find out more about the new Biotrue® ONEday for Astigmatism. With a prism free evolved peri-ballast design on the innovative Biotrue® ONEday material, it offers your patients comfort and stability1 to meet their demanding daily requirements.
ULTRATM and ULTRA® for Presbyopia contact lenses are the contact lens designed for the patient in the digital age. ULTRATM with MoistureSealTM technology uses a proprietary 2 stage process that allows 4X more polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) within its structure than the leading silicone hydrogel lens2 and is the latest innovation in contact lens materials.
Biotrue® Multi-Purpose Solution features a dual disinfection system providing unsurpassed disinfection. In fact, Biotrue® Multi-Purpose Solution exceeds the FDA/ISO stand-alone testing procedure for disinfecting products3. It matches the pH of healthy tear film (7.5)4 and furthermore Biotrue® Multi-Purpose Solution has a unique protein management system, which sustains tear proteins which are beneficial to help maintain inherent antimicrobial activity5.
Visit our stand to learn more.
1. Results from a 7-investigator, multi-site study of Biotrue ONEday for Astigmatism on 126 current non-daily disposable toric soft contact lens wearers. Lenses were worn on a daily wear basis for 1 week.
2. Hoteling, AJ, Nichols, WF, Harmon, PS, Conlon, SM, Nu~nez, IM, Hoff, JW, Cabarcos, OM, Steffen, RB, Hook, DJ 2017. Characterization and quantitation of PVP content in a silicone hydrogel contact lens produced by dual-phase polymerization processing. J Biomed Mater Res Part B 2015:00B:000–000.
3. Results of in vitro study following FDA/ISO stand-alone procedure for disinfecting products. Tests against all solutions were modified with organic soil added to create a more rigorous test condition. Primary criteria for effective disinfection are defined as a reduction in the number of bacteria by a minimum of 3 logs (99.9%) and a reduction of mold and yeast by a minimum of 1 log (90%) within the recommended disinfection time.
4. Adler’s Physiology of the Eye, Clinical Application 7th edition, The C.V. Mosby Company, St. Louis, 1981., Mean pH of tears as determined by Yamada M et al, Current Eye Research, 1997; 16:5, 482-486.
5. 1. Results of in vitro study evaluating the ability of various multi-purpose solutions (Biotrue, OPTI-FREE PureMoist, OPTI-FREE RepleniSH, OPTI-FREE Express, RevitaLens OcuTec, COMPLETE Easy Rub, and Clear Care) to stabilize lysozyme in the native form under chemical denaturation conditions that typically denature lysozyme. Solutions containing lysozyme were exposed to sodium dodecyl sulfate. Subsequently, activity against Micrococcus luteus was evaluated to assess the ability of solutions to protect lysozyme. Clear Care results from separate in vitro study performed following identical test procedures.
- < Previous story Shamir announces their new campaign launches at 100% Optical
- Next story Julbo Vermont Classic >