Masterclass – management of the patient with watery and dry eyes
This enlightening session is presented by Miss Jane Olver, the Founder and Medical Director of Clinica and the co-founder of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS). You will gain a deeper understanding of how to manage patients with watery and dry eyes.
· Review the current definitions of dry eyes
· The anatomy and physiology of watery eyes
· Understand why a patient with a dry eye can present with a watering eye
· Introduction of lacrimal paradox and lacrimal vicious circle
· How to assess a patient with a watery and/or dry eye
· Updates on treatments for dry eyes and meibomian gland dysfunction.
Practitioners will be able to identify symptoms of dry eye
Practitioners will recognise the symptoms and causes of dry eye, and identify treatment options relative to their scope or practice.